View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Just remember for blades: the higher the #, the shorter the cut.
The #10 is used for sanitary cuts & also can be used under attachment combs if you don't have the #30 or #40.

#4F is good for silky (thin) haired
#5F is good for silky (thicker) haired (I use this on mine, they range from thin to thick hair)
#7F is good for leaving a very clean smooth non shaved look (this works best w/cottony thick hair)

For the legs, I don't use a clipper but a curved shear. You can comb out the hair or use your fingers to make the hair stick out the front 1st & then the back & cut what is sticking out. I know, that sounds easier than actually doing it loll.
Thank you. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the blade numbers...normally I use my clippers for the body, belly/neck, face and sanitary cut and then I use the scissors for their legs but I would really like to do a better job. My scissors are straight though so I am looking for a pair of curved shears to do their faces and the top of their head. We're taking a little road trip tomorrow so I plan to stop at a few places to see if I can find a pair...if not I guess I'll order from PetEdge.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!