View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I am so sorry you lost your cat, and poor Zach's reaction doesn't help a bit. The poor dear baby...it is so sad when they grieve for each other. I have had cats and dogs grieve like this, and there is little you can really do to console them sometimes. Even all the extra love and closeness you give them doesn't replace their sadness or sense of loss. All of mine did find a way to 'move on' although I did have to reunite one dog with his daughter to clear his mind of his loss...assure him she was well and happy...which she was. Other times, I've had cats 'pay tribute' to the grave of their loved one, or their body, too...they just HAD to see them one last time. Even Brody, who'd just come to live with us when a kitty he hardly knew died, Brody KNEW AND UNDERSTOOD, and took DH to the kitty that had passed, then took me to the site when I got home...AFTER kitty had been buried as was no longer there...because Brody wanted to show me. Kitty was downstairs, and Brody never goes downstairs...even to this day. It is very strange indeed what the animals do when they lose one of their own...and very amazing, sad and touching, too. Again, I am so sorry this has happened. Try everything...who knows exactly what may help. Sincerest condolences and lots of hugs from us to you and yours.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!