Thread: I need help!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena View Post
Please don't get the two if you are not going to keep both. I have a bonded pair of brother Cats, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Just taking one to the vet is a problem. The other gets in the carrier with him. They snuggle together, call out for the other if he can not find his brother. Those dogs need each other. Don't separate them.

Don't give up! You will get your girl. I am still waiting for my little boy. But when I get him. He will be the best, perfect little boy. Just be patient. The right dog will come along.

I had cat brothers that were bonded and one died. It was awful for the remaining brother...who lived 13 more years. I don't think he ever quite recovered. I still have 2 male cats who bonded when the younger one arrived. They snuggle together, groom each other, etc., too, and they are now 13 and 14 years old.

I had a dog who bonded with one of his daughters. They would sit facing each other, paw to paw, and 'talk' (vocalize) in what appeared to be 'word-like conversation' and would groom each other, and snuggle up together, and when she went to her forever home, he almost died of sadness and heartbreak...wouldn't eat or drink, wouldn't play, barely would go outside...it was horrible. I had to make an appointment to take him to see her again, after which...seeing she was alive, well, and happy, he was fine afterward.

Brody and Mia are not litter mates...they were 17 months old before they even met...but they have bonded, and like Verbena said, taking one separately to the vet is a problem. DH recently took Brody...and did NOT allow Mia to accompany...which I would have done...and poor Mia was 'beside herself' with worry by the time they got home again.

ONLY get the pair together IF you will keep the pair together...or keep looking for the one who already belongs with you and is just waiting for you to find him/her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!