View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Harley's great adventure... our big move.

Ok so a bunch of you knew I was moving to Toronto for law school, which btw starts next week !

So we had an adventure driving here! I was very pleased with Harley, he didn't get sick at all on the ride (I was worried cause of all his health problems). He was a little angel.

So it sure was a hectic move. Uhaul started things very rough for us, cause they decided to tell us two days before the move they didn't have a trailer in NS the size I ordered! Well that didn't effect Harley, but it sure made me mad.

Ok, well we had to drive 5 hours there and 5 hours back before we began to pick up the nearest trailer. (mom did that so Harley stayed with me to pack)

So we hit the road around 5pm Friday. We drove 8 hours that night and the little man just slept the whole way. He barked a bit at the hotel, but honestly it wasn't his fault... the stupid hotel put us next to the dining hall, so even though we checked in at like 2am we were awake at 6am from screaming children! I was not a happy camper.

The next day we stopped at an Irving big stop, and I went to take Harley out for a walk, and mom went inside, well she comes out running yelling "GET IN THE TRUCK NOOOOOW!" So I chuck poor Harley back in his crate, and we start to speed away, turns out the basement of the gas station was on FIRE! The owner was telling everyone to get away and run! luckily we got out before fire trucks arrived so that didn't back us up at all, just was a little freaky.

The next hotel Harley was a little angel. Actually the next morning I realized that every room on our wing had dogs in them, I counted at least 6, and I did not hear a single bark all night, even from my little mr. yappy.

We stayed at one more hotel before moving day, and he was good again, ate the whole time, good poos, slept well, etc. Moving day was crazy though. So we arrive really early cause we wanted to miss Toronto rush hour. So we get there and finally get into my apartment, and they are testing the fire alarms! So I ended up having to keep Harley with me all morning for fear he'd go deaf, so we got nothing done. Fast forward a week and I'm sort of unpacked, my goal today is to have the livingroom puppy proofed, cause only the bedroom is now. Well that was my moving story. Harley and I have arrived safe and sound, I'm so excited, so if any Torontonian YTers wanna come visit PM, I'm up at York.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!