View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
hillarose23
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Don't know what to do about my Sugars skin!!??

I have a 2 year old yorkie. She is 4lbs and not fixed. For the most part she is a very happy healthy pup. She loves steamed veggies like broccoli,carrots, mushrooms and she also eats Pedigree dog food. She only has problems with her food when she eats too fast and doesn't chew ( she get jealous of my boxer and shepherd). So I give her little pieces at a time.

For some reason I can't seem to get her to stop itching. She chews her legs and behind until she gets scabs. She also has flaky skin like dandruff. I've tried oatmeal baths, t-gel shampoo, baby shampoo, sensitive skin shampoo for dogs, baby oil, and eucalyptus oil, hot spot spray and cortisone spray for dogs. I've tried skipping baths and just wiping her paws and face with unscented baby wipes. She also as a terrible smell and feels damp. She smells like feet and a wet dog. I've checked her ears and they are clean and smell fine. So the smell has to be her skin.

I've taken her to the vet for it twice and they give me a few weeks worth of prednisone and happily take my $200 without giving me a clue. All they say is that it must be fleas and it will clear up. But she gets Advantix II.

I really don't know what else to do. I've been considering children's allergy meds in small doses to see if that clears her up.
hillarose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!