View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #36
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoALAnna View Post
I HATE this time of year here! You'd think that after 52 years I'd be used to it by now, but NOT so much! My theme song is"Wake Me Up When September Ends", and I don't care that Green Day probably was not talking about hurricane season!
DH got up early and busted his butt outside all day picking up stuff that could fly around and we still have more to do tomorrow. We don't live on the beach, but 17 miles as the crow flies isn't far enough inland to suit me in these times. I don't wish Isaac on ANYONE, but we sure don't want him,either!

I hear ya!!! Everything we do around here, seems to be aimed at being ready for these months...even down to not defrosting my 58 year old freezer in my garage, until AFTER hurricane season, so there will be enough ice inside in case we are without electricity for 4-5 days......generator is all charged up and ready to go....emergency hurricane kit is stocked and ready...everything for the dogs is ready....I am going to buy me a used Ford 15 passenger van before I retire, so I do not have to depend on a rental agency in case I have to get out....I do not like to be dependent on anyone or anything but myself and what I have in my possession.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!