View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #33
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Update

2 Weeks Later...

All is well Yoshi is finally eating! I ordered a trial of the Darwin's raw. So far, so good. He's not a fan of the duck & we haven't tried the turkey yet. But he does well on the beef and chicken. Since my last post on this thread, I got another pup. She's 15 weeks old & has some immune system issues. She's on antibiotics right now. I called Darwin's (a real live person answered!) and they told me to cook the food for her. According to Darwin's, the food retains all of the nutritional value even when fully cooked. Apparently, a lot of their clients cook the food all the time. Both Yoshi & Momo LOVE Darwin's. I'll be ordering the Natural Selections Full Meal Plan without the duck. According to their calculator, my 2 pups will need 20 lbs of food every 7 weeks. I'll be paying $106.70 (including shipping) every 7 wks. I'm going to see how the Darwin's goes for a while. It's expensive. But I'd like to keep feeding Darwin's for as long as I can.

I was free feeding Acana Grasslands mixed with ZiwiPeak between meals. I thought Yoshi might be allergic to the Acana so I stopped giving him that. It was the ONLY kibble he would eat dry. I was really bummed about that. He's lost interest in the ZiwiPeak. So I'm currently in the process of searching for a kibble that I can serve dry. But it's not a HUGE priority for me since he's FINALLY eating. I bought a sample of Earthborn Puppy Vantage today. I'm also trying out Canine Caviar Chicken & Pearl Millet Puppy. I bought a bag of Wellness Core Small Breed. He eats it! However, I'm not sure if it's an all life stages food. So I'm a little nervous about giving it to him.

Thanks everyone for helping me out & for all of your suggestions. Now I can exhale
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!