View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Congratulations on your home purchase!...I'm sure you'll have so much fun figuring out what your style is!..Go slow and try not to worry to much!

Over the years I've found myself hating a color once I painted a room. I loved the chip, but when applied to the wall, I hated it. Recently I started reading about paints and the undertones they all have. The undertones will affect the color dramatically, I had no idea about this concept. I thought red was red, blue was blue and gray was gray. For example, gray can have undertones of blues, greens, purples, or browns.......Blue can have undertones of gray, green and purple. ...Whites can have any number of undertones from yellow, brown, blue, pink, green etc. etc. I got so confused that I just looked at B.M. popular paints and chose from those. It worked for me because the colors where muted which I liked. This is their lists....

Paint Color Schemes - Our Favorite Paint Colors - Designer Paint Colors

This explains some about undertones....

Understanding Undertones = Color Success - Sensational Color

I learned a lot from Maria's blog too....

Colour is Context | Maria Killam

This talks about stained trim and wall colors.....

Best Wall Colors for Stained Trim | Restyling Home by Kelly

For other paint and decor talk I go to Gardenweb forums....It's better to google your gardenweb searches and include the word "gardenweb" in the search words. The search feature on the gardenweb site is terrible......

That Home Site! Forums - GardenWeb

This is a great site to look a pictures. You can search by style or room. You can even search by "pink bedrooms" or "white kitchens" and it will show pictures of these. I like seeing actual pictures for inspiration....

Houzz - Home Design, Decorating and Remodeling Ideas and Inspiration, Kitchen and Bathroom Design

I know this is a lot I hope it isn't overwhelming. Just browse around and take your time and have fun! Good luck!
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!