View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
chachi
I Love My Yorkies
Donating Member

I know you are just Tickled with your dogs it comes accross in your posts. I think its good that you are going to educate yourself. I know it seems more innocent if you are just breeding to give a puppy to family and friends but the risks are the same and the responsibilities are the same.

Your female could have trouble birthing and her life, the lives of the pups or both could be at risk have you considered that. The female may need a csection that could run you about $3000 or more. The female may not be able to nurse the whole litter or you could have a pup that needs you to suppliment and you will be feeding pups every 2 hrs for 2 months are you prepared for that. Are you prepared to deal with your family or friends if you pass on a pup that has genetic problems. They could even sue you for vet costs. Will you be financially and emotionally prepared to deal with a sick pup maybe one that has cleft palate or has the intestines born on the outside or othyer things that can occur. Have your dogs been tested for liver shunt, luxating pattella,kidney problems ,and all otherr genetic problems Im not talking about a vet doing a general check up and saying they are healthy they need to be tested. You dont know anything about their history. These are just a few of the things to consider when breeding we havent even touched on if they are even a good representative of the breed to breed. Did you know that once you use your male to breed he is going to mark your house and other undesirable behaviors he will no longer be a pet but a breeding machine mentality. Is providing pups for family and friends worth all that. I think your friends and family can buy their own pup frrom a reputable breeder. Im not giving you worst case scenerios I am telling you all situations I have seen people in just on here. Please reconsider breeding
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!