View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Giving Fromm another go....

I know, I know, so tired of the food circle. He ate Acana for a long time and always did well, but am irritated with their recent formula change/price increase/bag decrease and seeing some other pups not doing so well on it... not sure I want to go back to it!

So once we finished off our last bag of Acana (the old formula), we had tried a bit of Canine Caviar, but he was never terribly enthusiastic about eating it, I thought it smelled, and the price was very high. He probably only ate a few cups of it.

So after having a sample bag of Fromm Beef Fritta, and Jackson devouring it, I decided to get a 4lb bag. I've always LOVED Fromm... as a company, I love their customer service, I think their food is great, low in ash, family owned business for over 100 years with no recalls, etc, etc, etc. Just love them.

Unfortunately, none of their formulas have seemed to do well with Jackson. We tried Duck & Sweet Potato and got bad itchies after one bag and a bit of gas and soft poo. Pork & Applesauce was the same results. These were also grain inclusive though, so it could have been the grains.

But, I've kind of thought he maybe has some kind of a chicken intolerance. He tends to get bigger/softer poo on most chicken formulas.

Fromm Beef Fritta, I realized is the ONLY formula without some form of chicken in it.

He cannot get enough, the minute I pour the kibble into the bowl, he scarfs it down. He only does this with very few foods, or if it will last only for a day or so (the excitement). Today is day 5 of feeding, and he was just doing tricks for kibble, and actually very excited, he nearly bit my finger off to get the kibble. Poop has been fine. Obviously not going to be able to tell for a while about coat etc. Oh and it smells so FRESH!

So we're on our 4lb bag and we'll see how he does... maybe he can do well on the Beef formula and we'll have a Fromm food we can feed! Yay. I've always wanted to feed the food and was always irritated with the small things (he's never had any *major* problems with any one food, it is just small things I notice- itching more, runnier eyes, softer or bigger poo, etc).

Crosses fingers it continues to work for him- I love Fromm, so am really hoping Beef Fritta is our answer!

Last edited by Britster; 08-23-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!