Thread: Countertops
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouversMom View Post
We have an old house too (1912 bungalow) and also have 90's laminate counters. We however have the original kitchen cupboards (which I LOVE!) and hope to eventually get butcher block counters. I love the look of the wood with white cabinets, and butcher block is very inexpensive compared to the other options out there. I also think a subway tile backsplash would be fun, but I guess we will see!

Here are my beautiful laminate countertops!
I LOVE your cupbords!!! We have the original "kitchen" upstairs in a bedroom and I have no idea how we will get it out of there. It's a huge wood structure with cupboards and a flour bin and cutting board and drawers. We want to move it eventually but it will not fit down the stairway so we might need to try to disassemble it!

I had thought also about doing some sort of stone for the regular countertops and butcher block for the island. I just can't make up my mind!

At least you were lucky enough to have your laminate in a neutral color lol! I swear our whole house is white and forest green. Our decks have all been painted dark green, our shingles are dark green (white siding) our countertops are dark green, and the tile around our bathtub has some aztek-style green designs on it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!