View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
buddysmom12
Yorkie Talker

thank you everyone for your concerns. He was never prescribed pain meds, dispite me asking if he needed them. my vet said that since heisn't showing signs of pain nor any tenderness... that she rather not give him something more that his pancreas would have to work on. She would have given him the meds if he really seemed to be in severe pain. Here are the positive ls that makes my vet think this might be not as severe. he is not in pain... he doesn't have a fever... since last Friday (almost a week) he has only thrown up twice. he does get an appetite when we stop the fast...and has drank water.

here is an update before I go to sleep. My Buddy seems to have found his late night energy and since 8pm until now 11pm he was asking for food. He also seem more alert and active. HAS anyone experienced this... DOGS more alert at night? well I had to be strong and turn him down at every request of food. it was so hard. after about seven attempts he has finally given up and is resting. tomorrow hopefully will be a new day and I can start him slow on some bland rice.. just a handful as my vet recommended.

I'm also considering having him checked out by another get if things worsen... not sure. I am getting several recommendations from friends.
We shall see. any prayers tomorrow would be greatly appreciated.
buddysmom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!