Thread: 12 Step Program
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
magnolia
YT 1000 Club Member

Default 12 Step Program

I've read several posts lately regarding a 12 step program for yorkie addiction so I decided to put one together. Of course, I'm no "pro", never will be, and some of you may want to add (or change) to what I have but maybe this will be a start

12 Step Program for Yorkie Addiction

1. Admit you are powerless over your Yorkie
2. Came to believe you can restore your sanity by visiting YT daily
3. Made a decision to turn your will (and life) over to the care of your furbaby.
4. Made thorough research of the adorable breed
5. Admitted to yourself and others that you are a Yorkie Addict
6. Were entirely ready to give yourself over willingly to the total devotion to your furbaby
7. Asked your furbaby to overlook your shortcomings, you're learning too!
8. Made a list of all persons you ignored when you got your furbaby because, let's face it, that furbaby was just too dang important!
9. Made amends to these people (like you really need to - we understand!!!) for ignoring them
10. Continue to monitor your relationship with your baby and when you feel you've done something wrong or just need advice, promptly seek out help here at YT (but don't beat yourself up about this, we are not perfect)
11. Continue to improve yourself as a parent to your furbaby and a source of information for new addicts.
12. Having come to the final realization that you are a Yorkie Addict (and yes, you are!), carry the message to other addicts, sharing these 12 steps and YT with them.

I know, these aren't perfect but I thought it would be fun to do. So in closing, I will add.....I am a Yorkie Addict.....and very proud of it!!!
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!