View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
dee1987
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry Operation Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolasmom1211 View Post
Dee - I'm not sure how long the actual operation is. I know they kept Lola in the hospital for 2 nights. For about 2-3 weeks after, we had to be very careful about letting her run, play, go up and down steps, etc., because they put a "ring" around the shunt during surgery to close the shunt, and we did not want the ring to move. My Lola is like a new dog since the surgery, no problems at all. She runs, she plays, she eats, she bosses her brothers around and...she is NEVER sick! It was an expensive surgery, but worth every penny! The incision was rather large, but they seem to manage the pain well. The incision heals quickly. Lola is only 3.5 pounds and she did great. I don't think she would be with us today had she not had the surgery!
That sounds bearable. its just that both me and my boyfriend are both primary school teachers (back to work next wednesday) so he will be at home alone from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm. I come home at lunch time to him for half hour in between. Im just scared if he had surgery he would need me more. What will i do if i cant leave him alone for that time or do ye think he will be ok?
To be honest I just want to get him sorted at this stage. Its going to cost €1500 but I'd pay double if i had to.
Will he need to be on heptaic diet for life? Im scared that there might be complications during surgery or something. The surgeon is coming from scotland in the UK and comes over especially for these operations. Please pray for my sweet baby
dee1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!