View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Default Warning about House Guests and pills

I know summer is winding down but I just had an experience that could have been deadly for Lola so I thought I would pass on. I had 5 out of town guests for several days. We worried about the normal things like open doors, stepping on her, over treating but I never thought of a prescription sleeping pill called LUNESTA winding up right next to one of her beds. My office has a day bed and we had it pulled out for the guests. Lola also has her Minnie Mouse bed in here as well, and spends a lot of time in it. The guests left on Monday morning, about an hour ago I see something very small peaking out from her under the bed, I thought it was a tiny piece from a toy, but when I picked it up I could tell it was a prescription pill. I called the adult guest that had been sleeping in the room and found out it was Lunesta, either she dropped it on the floor or perhaps it was in the bed and I shook it loose when I stripped the sheets after they left. I thought I had cleaned up pretty well, but missed this. I am lucky that Lola did not chew it up as you know many dogs will. Had she gotten ill I would not have had a clue what happened because I had not even thought about the various pills my guests were taking. I don't take any pills on a regular basis so I don't think about stuff like this happening, but it seems like more than 50% of the people I know are on something so I will rethink how I approach guests and their pills from now on.

Last edited by DBlain; 08-22-2012 at 07:13 AM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!