Thread: therapy dog
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #11
ancora_imparo
YT Addict

Jaeger and I have been working on things too-My trainer said to start training as early as possible, but didnt recommend CGC testing until he was a year old, because otherwise CGC suggests testing twice-puppies can have such different temperaments when they grow up. If and when he passes that, we'll start working with Therapy Dogs International to see if he's accepted. (Its one trainer only visit to a nursing home, then 3 more with dog and trainer to see if the dog behaves.)

We start training one on one with our private trainer in September. If there were acceptable CGC classes here, I'd do that, but was less than impressed. In the mean time, we take Jaeger everywhere if it's an outside venue (in the south, they have a lot more "outside" stuff than I am used to as a Michigander, which is good for Jaeger.) He loves people, but I am STILL trying to get him to sit quietly instead of hopping up on people-I honestly think it's because he's so short and wants to "see" what is going on, but its still not okay.
ancora_imparo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!