View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Default Update: My 4 Porky Yorkies weight loss Success!

My four Tea Pot Yorkie members are still Tea Pots but I am glad to say that they are some what more slender. Lol

I decided to put my 4 porky Yorkies (as I call them) on diets over a year ago because they were just getting to fat. They are large dogs all except Ruby who is the smallest but still weights in at 10 lbs.. Yikes !

* I cut out the treats after each one of them got groomed. Now they all get a tiny morsel treat and only one large biscuit after all of them are done with grooming.

* They are on schedules meals, No More free feeding. Three meals a day that equal a total of approximately three cups. I fed them in separate bowels at first never allowing them to finish uneaten food left from the others. They were allowed to eat for 10 mins each time. Any food left went back in the food bucket.

* Once they were use to the new portions and limited time I went to feeding them out of one bowel three times a day. When it gone it's gone.

* Most importantly I cracked down on my husband who were feeding them after my son had already done it. He would see an empty bowel and fill it back up. Even thou he knew I was changing thier feeding habits. and has put them on a diet. So they were getting double meals each day. Now my son is the only one who feeds them on a set schedule that I put on his chore list.

As of last Friday they have all lost (Drum Roll Please!)

A total of # 14 Pounds . .. .

We still have a long way to go. Quincy and Miah use to be at 9 bls before getting them fixed. Brandi has always been a big girl we had he fixed at 6 months old.

Three of them lost an average of 4 pounds each and Ruby lost 2. I just hope that they can maintain the loss during the winter months. Doubtfully but I will try to find ways to exercise them so that they keep the weight off.

Any suggestion on how I might do that ?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!