View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Need everyone's prayers

My sister-in-law has been hospitalized yet again. She is suffering from Anorexia and from what she tells me whenever she eats anything at all that it will not stay down no matter how hard she tries. Of course she lives in WV so I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving but I try to talk to her several times a week. This is the second time she has been hospitalized in the last 3 or 4 months.

My mother-in-law called last night and told my husband that she won't keep the IV's in that she is pulling them out. I think until she gets to where she is not doing that, that maybe they should restrain her. I don't know. I've tried to be really supportive of her and try to keep her confidience up. When I talked to her yesterday morning before she went into the hospital. She had been to her doctor and he finally after weeks of seeing her told her that if something wasn't done she was going to die. She finally broke down and told him she knew that she would and agreed to go into the hospital for IV's and additional testing.

I know her system is completely messed up she keeps diahrreah(sp) so whenever she does eat she either looses it by vomiting or diahrreah. Needless to say we are all extremely worried about her. Depending on how long she is in the hospital for we may be making a trip to WV to see her.

I'm not sure what to believe as far as her eating because, she can really manipulate you to believe what she want's you to believe. She hasn't been able to put any weight on in months. She is about 5'10 and barely weighs 100 lbs maybe a little more or less I don't know. Here doctor had her to raise her shirt up and he told her, her ribs stuck out really bad that she reminded him of concentration camp victims.

Anyway sorry for rambling I'm just really worried about her. I'm closer to her that I am my own sister.

Just had to vent.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!