View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedbee View Post
The antibiotic may not be appropriate for the type of bacteria that caused the UTI in the first place. He should probably try switching her to another one. A week on antibiotics would usually have been adequate to ease the most severe symptoms, in my opinion. You are NOT being overly worried. I would, too. I cared for terminally ill and very disabled children who could not speak for themselves, so I always had to be on the alert for these types of things and then advocate for them. If necessary, find another vet ASAP. The bladder infection can ultimately cause kidney damage, so you want to be aggressive to get it taken care of, if they are anything like in humans. I am praying for you and your dear baby.
+1

Since the results of the culture aren't in yet, then the vet doesn't know exactly which microorganism is causing the infection, so perhaps the antibiotic that she's on isn't the correct one. Although, Amoxi-drops are a broad-spectrum antibiotic and one would think that would do the trick, but you never know. Poor thing (both of you!), I would be beside myself watch my dog go through this.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!