View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Default Shocking find and the possibility of Cancer?

Now for a more serious problem with Miah.... Cancer is a big possibility !

I found a pretty large mass on her chest above her rib cage. About the side of my cupped hand 4.5" in diameter. It started out about the size of a quarter and has grown fairly rapid within the past 6 months.

I had my hands full with the other two and our appointment and wasn't able to take her with us. But, I spoke to the doc about it and she says that it could be a number of things from calcium, cyst or even cancer. That the first step is to have it looked at and have a sample taken by needle. (?) on what that is called.

So we have an appointment on Monday the 27th.

I should have kept an eye on it and seen that it was growing. I bath and groom her once a month, I should have seen had some idea that something wasn't right, but I didn't. She has been acting weird lately, more clingy, panting and wanting more of my attention. I had just given her her bath and a treat and out of character she came to me and jumped up on the couch. Which is a no no, and she wouldn't get down. I had to pick her up and put her on the ground and that is when I felt it. I was shocked when I felt how much it had grown !! I've seen lumps and cancer on other dogs but never one this big or on one of my own. I'm scared of the though of loosing her to cancer.

I just feel so bad, like I'm a horrible mom. I just hope that this is something other than cancer. I dont want anything to happen to my baby ...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!