View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Poor Buddy, he doesn't look comfortable. I hope you and your family can figure this out. It's frustrating not knowing exactly what is going on. I pray it is anal glands and not something else.
Thank you! It is frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
I been thinking about Buddy all day... the licking the air, and the scratching of his neck behind the ear are both neuro symptoms. How old is Buddy? Can you take his temp? I do wonder if there may be an anal gland abcess in the works also. Half of me wants to say wait and see if the diet change helps, the other half says to go to a neuro for a workup. I think if it were my dog, we would be heading to the neuro...
Buddy is almost 5. The vet took temp when she visited, it was fine. He was a rescue, we're not sure of his past, or his specific breed. Best guess is long haired Dachshund and Spaniel mix.

But I agree... unfortunately it's not my dog, so I doubt they will take him to a neuro. But I am worried that it IS neurological. But maybe it's not at all... and it's just allergies. I will keep you all updated on the diet change too.

He also seems to have breathing difficulties alot, but I'm pretty sure it's just reversed sneezing. It sounds like all the examples I've heard. Which I think can be a part of allergies too? So maybe it is ....

Last edited by Britster; 08-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!