View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My Yorkie, Ashley passed away a month before her seventeenth birthday. She was still fairly active, and we walked at least two miles a day. She had a tooth infection at the age of sixteen, and although it was risky because of her enlarged heart, she did so much better after the surgery. She also suffered from dementia the last year of her life, and that made her pace and get lost in corners. We put her on Anipryl, and it helped ease her anxiety and made her feel so much better. Still, she was a happy little girl despite all of the problems. I asked her doctor to let me know at any time he felt her we were being selfish by wanting to keep her with us for as long as we could. He told me that she was so responsive and loving with me, and that it wasn't something I needed to worry about. I really believe the dental surgery eased some of the anxiety that Ashley was feeling, and it also was better for her overall health. I also think her long walks helped to keep her heart and her lungs strong, her mind mentally stimulated, they eased her anxiety, and made Ashley happier. If it is Myles' kidneys, there might be something that could help that like a special diet or subq fluids. I'm so sorry that Myles isn't feeling like himself. I know how difficult that it is to bear. We love our little ones so much, and it's so hard to see them age. Each day with them is so precious, and we need to cherish every moment.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!