View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFoxyx View Post
My Presley just turned 16 a week ago. For the past year, I've noticed a lot of slowing down in him. Though somedays, you'd still think he was a puppy. I think he has a little nightblindness as he is scared to go down the steps from the bed at night, so usually he'll bark and I'll let him down to do what he needs to do. Sometimes he comes back up by himself, but sometimes he barks and waits for me to get him back up. He hasn't bumped into the walls as of yet.

We think his hearing is a bit less, but still pretty good. He is more demanding in his old age though. He does go outside ALOT, but so far no accidents. He does sleep alot during the day. But, when I come home he's pretty active. He is more vocal. Unfortunately at around 2:30 a.m. He just wakes up and wants off the bed and starts barking until one of us gets up for about 15 minutes to figure out whats going on...then he gets back into bed. He has good days and bad days. You can tell because he's not interested in treats or eating and kind of mopes around. But, then the next day, he back to being himself. Luckily he has more good days then bad. He hasn't lost any teeth as of yet, which surprises our vet. They still seem to be good. Little bit of tartar...

Its stressful for us when they get this age. You just never know whats going to happen. You question everything they do that seems out of the ordinary. Is he whining for attention or is he in pain. Every year he gets older I just pray for us to make it through the next year as healthy as we can.

Try nightlights. I the dusk to dawn nightlights leading down the stairs. Brandi doesn't like going to potty at night by herself so I put in nightlights that lead to her potty pads.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!