View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Blessedbee
Senior Yorkie Talker

I know exactly what you are going through! Kipper did this to me and I despaired of ever getting him to eat on his own! I was so terrified he would have a hypoglycemic reaction if he didn't eat enough. I tried every kind of kibble available and resorted to using Cesar's Puppy Cuisine on his kibble...that is, until he began rejecting that, as well! Now he eats his kibble (EarthBorn Holistic Puppy Vantage) without anything on it. I think you will be able to wean him from having to eat out of your hand or rolling it across the floor to pounce on it like a kitty. I have never had such a picky eater and the stress of it was almost more than I could endure for awhile. Thankfully, Kipper does not have any digestive issues, so he can eat anything I try (which is mostly top quality foods, since I want him to be healthy for his lifetime). Be careful about feeding treats before he has had his puppy food. It filled Kipper up so that he was not motivated to eat his healthy food. I also suspect that the home where he was raised (with small children) provided him with a smorgasbord of people snacks! I wish you success!
Blessedbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!