Thread: therapy dog
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Blessedbee
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinalee61 View Post
I would still certify for therapy dog. Akc website has programs to offer. I'm going to star with puppy star, then at a year, cgc, then Heine organization. You had good info though. I still sneak my puppy everywhere I can go with her. She's so good and quiet no one knows. Having a puppy stroller works too for those all day things. Good luck to you and your pup!
Thank you for your kind wishes. I am SO EXCITED! I just signed Kipper and me up for a four hour introduction class for therapy dogs. At the end of the course, they will test him and if he can pass, he will be a certified puppy therapy dog. It is through an organization called Project Canine, endorsed by the AKC as qualified therapy dog trainers/certification. They just happened to have a class this Saturday, so I hope it isn't too late to get into it. I paid and registered, so hopefully it will all work out. I will take my phone and can take pictures, if we get to attend! I wish you well in your pursuit, as well. I think these beautiful, loving little dogs are perfect for the job!
Blessedbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!