View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Is he urinating normally? Anal gland problems can improve with a diet higher in fiber, but are also common to dogs with allergies. He would probably benefit by having a vet do a good workup on him. He looks quite uncomfortable. Anal glands can refill quickly when there's a problem. I've had to express Tink's as often as every other day at times till the problem cleared.
I believe so. Stool is okay too. Vet did tell us to get a high fiber diet.

I told my stepmom to keep up with the anal glands. She won't do it, but even if she has to take him to the groomer up the street every few weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritapatt View Post
You just reminded me again how much better my Wheaten terrier has been the last couple of years. Grain free food (fish only) with lots of probiotics and digestive enzymes. She hardly scratches, doesn't smell, no anal glands,etc... And even if the food can be $$ we use so much less food the bag lasts forever. We spent way more at the vets, meds, special shampoos than the extra price for the food- I know you don't like diamond but even TOTW/ pacific stream would be better than pedigree.
Thanks! My dad and I ordered Earthborn for him online last night. Price was nice, fiber was 7%, I believe, grain-free, single source protein, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry View Post
aww...poor little guy! maybe they didn't fully empty out that gland? maybe it's infected? as far as the licking my 3 lick all the time! I a constantly telling them to stop licking...blankets, the sheets, hands, feet....everything!
Not sure But this is weird licking... not normal for him at all. He's also licking the air, and nothing is there.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!