Thread: therapy dog
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Blessedbee
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am also working toward that goal with Kipper, but he needs to be over a year old before he can be tested and certified. In the meantime, I have been trying to take him everywhere I go, introducing him to various sites and sounds and allowing him to greet everyone, large, small or inbetween. For the first time, I was confronted in the Fred Meyer (in the pet supplies aisle) where I have always taken him, and told that if she saw my puppy (in his carrying bag that looks like a larger purse) she would have to ask me to leave. I was totally shocked and told her that I had been bringing him for at least three months without ever being told that he was not welcome. This makes me wonder if there is some way to honestly get a type of training letter or other item that would allow me to continue to bring him into the stores and other places that I feel he needs to be acquainted with before he is tested for his actual certification. I know that service dogs can get one, but is a therapy dog considered a service dog? These are issues I plan to pursue from the therapy dog certification people. I will let you know what I can find out, if I can get a response. Meanwhile, if any of you know about this process and can head me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Blessedbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!