View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
amandaraye22
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Dehydration, vomitting, high pcv and loss of oxygen

Hello to all! I'm new to this and as such, this is my first post. I have two yorkies- 7 year old Rocco and 6 year old Harley. Last Wednesday, Rocco was acting fine and as playful as ever. However, all of a sudden he started sticking his tongue out slowly (not panting) and I noticed his tongue appeared dry and wet. I immediately panicked and picked him up at which time he began vomitting a yellowish foam. I left immediately and rushed him to the vet where they told me his blood pressure had dropped, he wasn't breathing and he was severely dehydrated. They stabilized him so I could rush him to the specialty vet. After countless test, I was told that his blod had thickened causing the problems and once he was stable, they sent him home. It happened again two days later and I took him straight to the er vet again. They administered fluids and ran more test including some sort of heart scan. His heart appears okay, but his pcv value is running 65 and his alt levels are high. They have ruled out hge and polycythemia Vera and Addison's disease. The problem is that these attacks have been sudden with no warning and I have been told that if I hadnt been here, we would have lost him. This happened in december of last year and all the same test were run and they couldnt give me a diagnosis. We are scheduled to have a ultrasound in the morning for him and hopefully will find out more. I am so scared to even sleep because I want to make sure he'a okay. Has anyone been through this or know what's wrong?? I just want to know what to do cause I want to help him. I'm so scared!!! No change in food, no signs of poisoning and he has not gotten in to anything that we are aware of. Any advise is appreciated!!!
amandaraye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!