Thread: PayPal Hacked!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have several times, gotten an "ALERT, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN COMPRIMISED...CLICK ON THIS LINK TO VERIFY INFORMATION...UNTIL YOU DO SO, YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS INACTIVATED FOR YOUR SECURITY". Well, me bieng the STUPID, SENIOR, COMPUTER ILLITERATE "dmbazz" I am, I rushed quickly, clicked on the link, "verified and re-entered" all my account information...then called my friend and told her "this is EXACTLY why I did not want to sign up for paypal.....SHE ALMOST DIED!!! YOU DIDNT CLICK ON THAT LINK AND GIVE ANY INFORMATION, DID YOU????????" Well, yes, I answered all....."OMG!!! CALL THE BANK, CANCEL THE CARD, NOTIFY PAYPAL, ......" It was a MESS!!! NOW, I know NEVER to do that!!!! But it was almost a disaster for me.......
Oh, boy, I almost did the same thing but thankfully had just read a story about this type of phishing that warned me off. For a while I got lots of emails at work about the computer I had purchased from Walmart shipping info with an attachment attached and others that referred to various purchases I had made, all with a part of various retailers' names in the sender's address. But I knew not to open them, did a screen grab of my inbox showing the attempted fraud sender/subject and called my credit card companies to see if such an item had been charged on any of them and warn them of the emails I was getting about once a month. They placed alerts on my accounts for a while but eventually I guess I stopped "buying things" online because the emails dried up. But if it hadn't been for a little article I read, I would have done the same thing, clicked away and been in trouble!!! I remember when I first joined Paypal, I was scared for a couple of years, thinking I was going to be robbed blind. But so far, so good. But we're all sitting ducks online. I just buy that Norton Internet Protection service and pray!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!