View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRee View Post
When I first got Ellington I gave him a premium food (Barking Mad) but he just didn't like it. I eventually gave him 50/50 of premium with cheap, as he loves the cheap.

I ran out of premium, so decided to just let him stay on 100% cheap, as he loves it. He always picks it out, leaving the premium until he is starving.

However his regular itching then got really bad again. Chewing till he scabs etc.

So I've gone to 100% premium now, and just sticking with it. The chewing has gone.

He eats less, but I'm guessing because the quality is higher, he needs less than the 'junk' food.

He isn't happy about it, but the chewing was horrible!
That's just GREAT that you were able to get rid of those symptoms w/ changing foods! That makes it so much easier. I agree, he is likely eating less bc it's more filling due to the ingreds; I supposed it also could be due to how much he loved the other food too.

Lots of people here give little treats of a few green beans or similar just to help "fill them up" if needed after a switch to a more premium food...or just give them as treats bc they like them. Maybe little treats like that would be safe, while also satisfying him...?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!