View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #26
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
UP DATE on Gracie: First Thank all of you for prayers and kind thoughts. Gracie is home. She had a blockage caused by what the vet thinks, is an owl pellet. (I guess owls spit up bits of bones and fur they can't digest.) Anyway it got hung up in a fold of her digestive tract. It is out now (about the size mans thumb) We expect a full recovery, there was no lost of bowel. Thank God !

THIS is an excellent example when people suspect there may be something not right and their pup is having signs and symptoms like your baby was having, it is vital this is given immediate attention. If someone had just sat on this until Monday, or even another day, the blood supply could have easily been cut of to that part of the bowl and then you are dealing with "dead gut", which has a frightful mortality rate. With YOUR experience, you knew immediately there was a potential problem....I sincerely do hope others read your experience today and learn how important it is to not "sit on" some symptoms... delay does not mean it will fix itself....it could mean alot more $$ in vet bills, a lot more serious surgery, and possibly the death of your baby. I would MUCH rather have my vet smile and say, "Judy, you are overthinking this situation"....than "Judy, why in the world didnt you bring her in last night, we may have been able to help her".

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 08-10-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!