View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahas3 View Post
Well I see what alot of you are saying but if the dog lives in your home and you have a new grandchild born you certainly are not going to rehome your dog nor deny your grandchild from visiting. We had a little pom when our first grandchild came along and she got really depressed but we would sit her beside us on the sofa and hold the baby. It was only a matter of time before she licked the baby's hand and it proceeded to be a love match made in heaven from then on. Like I said in my previous post we would never of left them alone unsupervised. But all that being said we also taught all our grandkids proper dog caring from the time they were infants. They were taught never to grab the coat, pick up the dogs, etc. So far we have had total harmony between our dogs and the kids. I have grands ranging from 3 to 18 so its been great for 18 years .
You are right! I would NEVER rehome a grandchild or deny the pup from visiting....wait, got that backwards......in any event, I just do not let my dogs, any of them around any of the neices, nephews or cousins that happen to visit on occasion...my babies are just kept away from any of the children, especially kids under 18 months old! The older kids 18 months to 6 years, are kept away from the dogs....the parents can teach all that kindness and gentleness and loving on their OWN pets.....my babies go to the seclusion of their crates in a quiet room, away from the kids...which I am sure THEY appreciate....there have been just a couple of occasions where I have sat there with one of my dogs in my lap and the kids stood around and petted the dog...but then after they all get to pet the puppy, the puppy goes into the other room until the kids go home. I do NOT want any accidents, either a child bitten (none of my dogs have ever bitten anything or anybody, but cha never know) or a pup injured......
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!