View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Blessedbee
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Kipper is a Keeper!

I have been a member since we first brought Kipper home on Memorial Day 2012, but it has taken me this long to figure out how to post a picture and start a new thread. I am a slow learner!
Kipper was 8 weeks old when I bought him from a breeder about 2 hours away from our home. It was love at first sight! I have never owned a small dog before, so I have been busy gathering information available on this site. I am interested in getting him ready to apply for a therapy dog certification, as we have been foster parents for terminally ill and very disabled children in the past and I would like to take him into nursing homes to cheer the residents when our church goes each month. While he is still young, I can be watching for those traits that make a good therapy dog. So far, he is very promising, as he loves people, other animals, and children! He just needs to learn some obedience (he does come now when called. He is also learning to tolerate classical piano, as our daughter is preparing to audition for her doctoral degree in piano performance (he still barks at her when she is playing).
I still need to learn how to create an "avatar" so I think I will work on that now! I feel so blessed to have you all as dog buddies! It encourages me to see the love and kindness you extend to your little ones and I am learning so much! Thank you all!
Attached Thumbnails
Kipper is a Keeper!-kipper.jpg  
Blessedbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!