View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Captain Sparky
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I am not going against vet recommendations however I am trying to do my own research because if it wasnt for my determination in keeping my furbaby alive I would have given up as soon as the vet told me that he would likely not survive the night and sent him home with KD and clamovox and nothing else when I asked her if I should give him distilled water she said "no, tap is fine" I have never given my dogs tap water and especially a dog with renal failure, that made me search and I found alot of great advice which I went to her with and after I suggested it she prescribed it so Thanks to people posting what has worked for them and there beloved pets I took him back the next day and asked for the 3 day treatment of fluids which helped bring his creo down and I was able to get Azodyl and Epakitin and pepcid and Pet Kelp so the only thing that still erks me is the KD being that the ingredients are not great yes the formula is based on Kidney Disease because its low phos and low protein I feel that there has to be a better alternative and I just want to hear what others have tried and how it worked for their furbaby. I dont just give him anything I make sure to ask the vet before giving him anything.

Last edited by Captain Sparky; 08-09-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Captain Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!