View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #14
Phanatical
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Monty is absolutely adorable! I am sure you are very much in love with him! I would like to make one little suggestion and hope it doesnt offend you....I never let my dogs walk around in the vet office...that is where all the sick dogs go...and I do not want any of mine to pick up anything these others have on them or what they are sick with.....when I go to the vet, I pull in, go inside and let them know I am there, go back out to my car and wait in the car with my babies. The recept. will come to the door and signal me, I then go inside, straight to a room....no lobby contact at all....I never let mine walk around or visit with other dogs in the lobby....dont knbow WHAT diseases the others are in there with!
Oh no no no, Monty doesn't walk around either! I should've said that was in the exam room. He kept trying to leap from the table so we finally just let him rest at my feet. That was the only time he touched anything besides the exam table! Otherwise he's in his carrier the entire time. I wouldn't want him to pick anything up, and he's still quite small. I also fear a bigger animal may try to hurt him, as that happened once with my deceased Shih Tzu, Sushi, though not at a vet's office. (We were patiently waiting at a corner and out of nowhere a Dalmatian bit him at his neck! No one saw the dog coming from behind, and it almost killed him!) He only gets to visit with other animals at the vet from across the room!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!