View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
precious mom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile Do it for you baby

I am going for a third opinion. I'm really trying to afford the surgery. She will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxcop3k6 View Post
Max is 6.5 years old. A little over a month ago he was chasing lizards. My husband was watching him (our yorkies are not allowed outside without one of us present). I was not home but when I returned I noticed Max was limping. He limped on and off for a few days then seemed to be his usual bounce off the wall self. A few weeks ago he started limping again. He now has a pronounced limp, right rear leg. Often times he does not put any weight on it and is unable to or not inclined to go up the "steps" to get into our bed. He frequently semi runs without using that leg. So I took him to his vet. Vet performed a physical exam. After many minutes of prodding and poking his knee area, he was able to get Max to wince. With that, the vet decided he has a knee problem. No x-rays or other tests. The vet was somewhat noncommittal when I pushed further regarding his diagnosis. A few days after the vet visit Max started limping on and off on his left front leg. I am taking him for a 2nd opinion at another vet to see what he has to say. Why all of a sudden would he develop knee problems? Why would his left front leg now bother him occasionally? He does not appear to be in any pain, is a good eater (too good) but is not his active self. He is alert, does wag his tail but is not motivated to do his normal silly stuff. Has anyone ever had a similar situation with their yorkie?
precious mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!