View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Is losing her worth a puppy or two to you? Wouldn't it be pretty traumatic for your 10 year to see a whelp go wrong or your dog die from complications? Whether you want to sell them or not you should do what is best for the yorkie breed and that would be to not breed your dog. The registry you have is worthless and you have no idea what your dogs lines are. You also would need to do genetic testing on both mating dogs to make sure they will not not pass on any genetic illnesses to the puppies. If your dog is under 5 pounds she also should not be breed. You also need to have a couple thousand dollars set aside for an emergency c-section which can happen a lot with yorkies plus the care of the pups, getting there tails docked and dew claws removed. Pups also must be kept with mom for 12 weeks. Small dogs are known to have problems whelping and often need help so to insure the safety of your dog you would need some one there who knows what they are doing and has done it many many times. Also I really encourage you to go to a couple shelters and take your daughter with you and look at all the pups and dogs who are brought into this world but no one wants and are gonna be put to sleep and see if you really want to bring more pups into this world.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!