View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Who can resist a face like that?! Lab puppies are the cutest ever! Well, next to Yorkies, of course Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a lot of pets. IF the family/person can commit to taking care of all of them the same way they would take care of a single pet.

My Lab has Stage 3 Melanoma. He had surgery & is currently getting radiation and DNA vaccines. But we know that he isn't going to be with us for much longer. I didn't even consider getting a Lab puppy. First of all, I know that our family would always compare the new pup to Duke. And Duke could never be replaced. Secondly, I couldn't imagine myself trying to raise/train a Lab puppy in the same house as a Yorkie. Labs are big & they have a lot of energy. Even though I'm a stay at home mom, I know that I would not be able to constantly supervise the pups. I would be afraid to leave them alone in the house - even separated in their own areas. But that's just ME. I'm not saying it can't be done. I just know that I wouldn't be able to do it. We decided to get another Yorkie instead. She's coming in a few weeks. After getting Yoshi, we all fell in love with the breed.

Good luck making your decision. I'm sure you'll know when it "feels" right!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!