View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
msmbrazil
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Introduction & Questions

Good morning all! I'm Missy and I'm new to the community. I bought my pup on this past Saturday 8/4 and fell instantly in love with him. His name is Diesel ( I love the irony of his name), he is 12 weeks old today, and he is a stubborn little guy.
Okay, so the issues we're having:
1. Housetraining- I'm trying to crate training, using a schedule I found on here. The problem is first thing in the morning, he relieve himself, but he usually won't eat ( I think this is because his breeder let him eat whenever). So then I crate him again, and he sleeps for hours, and when i try to get him back out, he won't budge. So I guess he really refuses to stick to any schedule, he wants to do his own thing~~lol.

2. Days and nights are mixed up-Diesel's naps are 3-4 hours long, and there is no waking him up. So at night when its bedtime, he barks, whines, squawks, quacks, all night long!! Its really as bad as having a newborn baby, lol. So, in the morning he sleeps it away~~~*sigh*.

3. Scratching- I thought when dogs/puppies scratched it was an indication of fleas. I took Diesel to the vet and he says this is not true, that all dogs scratch. Thoughts and opinions?

Someone please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Introduction & Questions-diesel.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!