View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
hnybun128
I ♥ Maci & Mojo
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresiana View Post
I have a Lab & a Yorkie! My Yorkie loves my Lab! Duke (Lab) is a 90 lb, 9 year old man. I seriously see Duke roll his eyes at Yoshi sometimes when Yoshi starts his crazy puppy play. It's too cute!

One of my best friends has a Yellow Lab puppy (almost a year old). Yoshi & Brody LOVE each other! But we can't let them play unsupervised. One time Brody (Lab) had Yoshi's whole head in his mouth! And Yoshi has scratched Brody's nose enough that it bled - just a little prick, but still. Brody doesn't realize how much bigger he is than Yoshi. And Yoshi doesn't realize how much smaller he is than Brody.

Here are some pics of Duke & Yoshi last weekend. The size difference is too funny
OK, those are some seriously beautiful babies! I'm still thinking about it, so I guess I'm leaning towards no right now. Interesting thing is I was talking about this pup to my co-worker who has a 13 yr old chocolate lab she loves and adores. Turns out, she got her lab from the same breeder! Small world! It certainly made me feel better about the breeder, too. It's one thing to get references, but it's another to get references from someone you know personally. Whatever I choose, I am keeping the breeder's contact info for potential future use.

I was almost wondering if it was better to get the lab first, let her mature, then get a yorkie. If that would be the case, I'll have a LONG wait before I ever bet a lab.

Then again, this has been a stressful week. My BFF's mother passed away on Sunday while I was there and the funeral is tomorrow. I just returned to work yesterday from a 3 week medical leave. That may be why I feel like there is too much going on right now to bring another family member home. Also, prior to my leave, we were on crazy OT hours. I had actually completed a foster application for a yorkie rescue right before the mandatory OT hit. Once it hit, I decided not to turn the application in. I worry about being a foster failure, too. I'd want to make sure my hours are truly stabilized before getting another puppy.

I may wait until the beginning of next summer. Then again, I may feel differently once this week is over! I appreciate all the encouragement and will update with whatever I decide.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!