View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #62
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahas3 View Post
I have seen mixes sell for lots more than purebreds though. Your baby is adorable by the way.

Agreed...Your baby is adorable!

I've never bought a purebred dog...all of my pets have been ferals or rescues, even the purebred ones...even my purebred Yorkies.

However, I 'happened' onto a 'children's clothing and pet store' in a small town while looking for an 'open' supplier of a specific dog food listed on it's manufacturer's website. This retail store, among other things like childrens' clothing and pet supplies, sell puppies, which are kept on-site in their 'puppy room' in the back of their store, and say (verbally, at least) to in-store customers that "all of our breeders breed only teacups" and that they "do not ship" puppies.

If you are aware of 'customary' prices of purebreds, you might want to compare those prices with the ones here:

"Designer Dogs" page:
Designer Puppies - Cassie's Closet

The first two (2) entries on the above page:

<begin quote>

Micro Teacup Golden Morkie Prince
Absolutely Adorable!
Price $4,500.00

Micro Teacup Maltipoo Princess
Tiny 11 oz at 8 Weeks!
Price $5,000.00

<end quote>

Personally, I think $4,500 - $5,000 for a mixed breed is as questionable as having puppies on-site in a retail clothing (and puppy) store... I have no idea who takes care of the puppies overnight or when the store is closed, but I saw 2 Yorkie puppies, 1 Shih Tzu, and a 4th puppy...I forget what it was...it has been some time since I went there and I didn't go back there to look...the ones I saw were just inside the puppy room.

Assuming their prices are/were accurate/valid for these mixed breed puppies, on the "Designer Dogs" pages, there are 28 listed as being at $2k or more...all but 3, which are currently available, are shown as "sold".

Home page:
Teacup Puppies for Sale and Boutique for Children and their Pets - Cassie's Closet

I have no idea WHY people buy mixed breed dogs at these prices, and have no further information other than what is shown on their website, and what I saw while looking for cat and dog foods, and heard paying (they kept us waiting...we were paying before the 'puppy sales Q&A' started...lol) for a flavor mine don't even appear to like.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!