View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlee View Post
Hi,

The night before last Lucy got me up at 4:18am and indicated that she had to go out. I took her outside and she immediately BM'd. It was partially solid, part loose. Last night at 1 am, she started scratching furiously on my bed. I took that as a sign, brought her outside and she had another loose poop. This a.m.,Lucy had a small, liquidy Stoole on my kitchen floor.

She's been perky, playful and has been eating and drinking. She sleeps well.

Lucy has a couple of natural chew toys (NOT her bully sticks) that she's been gnawing on lately. They're NOT rawhide. One looks like a meat bone. I purchased them from our local all natural pet store.

I've removed those chews things but left the bully sticks.

QUESTION: how long do I wait and observe before taking her to the vet? As I said, Lucy doesn't appear to be in any distress other than the loose poops.

Thanks for you advice. Tracey
I would pull the bully sticks as well- Sometimes those sticks can have bacteria on them and can upset their tummies. This is what my Vet told me, I had the same issues with my Peanut. He does not get any type of chew sticks any longer and he doesn’t even miss them!

You can go to the store and get her some Kaopectate just the regular flavor and give her some of that, also you can give her some Pedialyte. Maybe keep her diet simple for a couple days and give her boiled chicken and rice and let her tummy rest, then if she is feeling better go back on your daily routine, if you have tried all of the above and she is still having loose stools I would take her in.. But to me it sounds like one of those sticks made her tummy upset-

Last edited by lovespandp; 08-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.
lovespandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!