View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Chrissybear
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry anal gland issues!!! HELP!

Last February Gizmo's left anal gland abscessed and unforantly had to be drained at the vet. So since then i have been getting his anal glands expressed at the vet every 3-4 weeks per the doctor. So last Tuesday i took him in to get his dental and they also expressed his anal glands while he was under. The vet said they were very full ( i had just had them done 3 weeks earlier). So today i noticed a lump on his behind while i was bathing him. It was purplish and on the left side of his anus. Immediately i panicked and called the vet. She saw us today and it seems like it was starting to abscess but since Gizmo was on antibiotics for his dental last week it helped keep it at bay. So poor guy now has a big red spot on his bottom. We are continuing the antibiotics for another week and using warm compresses on his bottom. We are hoping that this goes away on its own and we wont have to have him cut and then have it drained. Gizmo has been through so much in his short life i cant stand seeing him in pain

Has anyone had any problems with their yorkies and abscess? If so what else can i do to prevent this from happening again????
The only other option i think i have is to start doing them myself ever week and hope this doesn't happen anymore.

Gizmo's Mommy
Chrissybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!