View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

You've gotten a log of good advice already. Have you thought about getting professional help with training for the barking? This would also give you another opptunity to spend some quality time with your dog. Dogs want to please and your little one, even at 7, will learn so quickly as he will be interacting with you, which is what he probably just wants to do.

As for putting him in a cage/crate all day while you are at work and sleeping, have your considered an expen or maybe gating off in a bathroom? I know you said your fil, doesn't want him out in the house, this might at least be somewhat of a comprise. If he should potty, most bathrooms have either tile or vinyl flooring that will stand up to potty accidents.

I think that if you spend some quality time with your little one with a long walk or some play time after you get home from work, you will find that bedtime will not be so loud. Have you tried letting him be in your bedroom at night, either sleeping with you or at least being in the same room in his crate?

Good luck, he is just not know why he's got to be in this situation when he's been able to roam freely for so long. I wouldn't recommend the crating for so many hours or muzzling. I think that the muzzling is plain unnecessary and you may find that you have a dog who may become very defensive and agressive from having to wear a muzzle all the time. I hope that your situation and your dogs situation will improve quickly. It's not fair to either of you, especially the dog.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!