View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

What are you trying? Caging and muzzling are not training. They are ways of getting a problem out of the way. They do not change the situation. It only punishes the dog for something it is not responsible for. I hope that this dog has not been out in the heat we have been having this summer.

It sounds like you have very little time for this dog. It needs training. It needs to be trained as though it were a puppy. Since your wife and you do not know how to train a dog your only option is to learn proper dog training techniques or re home the dog with someone who knows how to re-train an adult dog. Of course a dog that has had run of the house is going to bark when caged away from everyone it knows. Putting him in the garage may help you to sleep but I doubt the neighbors will like it. Is the garage air conditioned?

I feel bad for this dog. He does not understand why he is being treated like this. It certainly is not his fault he is not housebroken. It takes a lot of time spent training these creatures. No one did that for this little guy and now he is being punished for it. He needs exercise, play and training for more than a few minutes in the morning and evening.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!