Thread: Acana Users
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I have yet to try the new formula of Acana. Jackson just finished up his bag of the old formula, with no issues. Instead of buying a bag of the new food though, we are trying out Canine Caviar. He's always done best on Acana but now I'm nervous- I hate when these companies go and make new formulas!

Food allergies actually aren't super common though. Environmental allergies definitely are a lot more.

Actually, to pinpoint an allergy, a food has to be fed for 12 weeks and NOTHING else. So for example, if you switch him to Brothers, you have to give it at least 12 weeks for any past allergies to essentially go away and see if the food really was the culprit. Intolerances can be noticed almost immediately a lot of times... but apparently the effects of the food allergy can linger on for weeks, even after switching to a new food. If that makes sense.

Really, it's nearly impossible to pinpoint the culprit in a diet consisting of 20-50+ ingredients. It might even be a combination of ingredients that work together. Who really knows for sure?

I hope you find some relief for Peanut tho!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!