View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
YorkOwner81
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Please dont yell at us... Were Trying

Ok I have read a posting simalir to this one "I muzzle my yorkie for 10 hours a day " and seen alot of anger owners which is understandable. So let me give you our story. We have a Yorkie name Peanut who is around 7 years old. My wife has had him since a baby and unforutantly didnt train him properly so he is an inside dog only. He has ruined carpets, hard wood flooring, walls etc from using the bathroom. Well we just recently sold our home and currently living with Parents to save some money to purhcase another home. Father in law will not allow the dog out of in the house as he doesnt want the dog going to the bathroom everywhere.

So curently what we are doing is putting the dog in a cage during the day while at work, we put him outside for 30 minutes or so in the morning prior to leaving and then again when we get home and then right before bed. We also have one of those Diaper wraps we put over him to allow him to run around for awhile in the house and not worry about using the restroom. The main issue we have is when we put Peanut in the cage at night he barks none stop and Father in law wont have it, so we have been muzzling the dog to stop the barking. My wife and I both hate to do this, and the only other option we can think of is put the cage and dog outside in the garage where Barking shouldnt be as bad. We have tried those things that omit sounds to stop barking those dont work either.

Also the dog will use the bathroom in his cage and then get it everywhere and is down right disgusting as he absoultely hates being in a cage.

Please we are open to suggestions, as my wife refuses to allow the dog to be given to anyone else. Right now I am thinking the only option is to move and find a place to rent, which isnt the best choice for My Wife and my Son.
YorkOwner81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!