View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Had never heard of it until you asked me about it...

Worth a try. I'd give it a shot!

Also, turkey is absolutely fine for them. Not sure where you heard it's not. I think the skin from turkey is bad, but I would think the skin from any meat wouldn't be great for them, not just turkey.

We are on our first bag of Canine Caviar and so far so good. I love the low ash formulas, the company, the simple ingredients, etc. We are currently feeding Open Sky. We actually went in to the store looking for something cheaper than Acana- I was annoyed with their bag decrease and price increase but of course ended up with CC which is even more expensive... I probably can't feed it full time, but am going to be rotating between it and Earthborn (the price difference is crazy!!) Earthborn we got a sample of once which he loved, and the prices are great ($27.99 for a 14lb bag) vs. Canine Caviar which is $40.99 for a 12lb bag.
Ohhh maybe it is the skin I am thinking about LOL..DH and I did a lot of research last night, well he did He was the one that found the food.Dh said it is his turn to pick a food LOL. I started reading on their website and the more I read the more I wanted to give them a try, All though Acana doesn’t have Oats/grains, it does have a lot of different ingredients, so maybe Peanut needs to be on a Limited Ingredient diet, Which is sounds like Brothers Allergy formula is that. I also like how they explain how they store the food as well as what goes on inside the body, when it talked about Anal glands I thought of Peanut bc right now he gets his done once a month!!

I hope and pray this food works, I really do! Peanut is at the vet right now bc of his itches, I know it is from the Acana bc he has never been like this before and the new bag of Ranchland I bought him is different the kibble is thinner and I think you said they changed the formula..? Something they did is not agreeing with him, and he doesn’t have fleas and doesn’t get ANY table foods so it has to be the food.

His poor little leg, the (pic attached) His skin is really dark, and he chewed all his hair off! My friends dog had the same thing happen to his tummy he had black spots- Took him in and they said it was an allergy to food!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!