Thread: knots in hair!!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
luvlee
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tula26 View Post
thank you for all your replies...I do use a quality metal grooming comb...Im now making it my obsession to get as much mats as possible everyday..im afraid that i have let his coat get into a mess because i felt like i was hurting him with the slicker or metal comb... i dont think the yorkie splash conditioner is working...im going to try the silicone one as suggested..he is a baby and i hope that it gets better..i tend not to brush because i feel like it just glides over mats and does nothing...I will ask vet about supplements..Oh and by the way Im embarrassed to say that im a cosmetologist and you would think that I wouldn't let my doggy's hair get so bad...I will comb Bruno's hair everyday and try to keep on top of the mats. He will have to learn to have patience because he is so hyper...
I have the Yorkie Shine detangler and that works pretty good. I brush & comb every day. When I come across a matt that won't come out, I take my small round tipped scissors and just cut the matt out. I usually wait until Lucy is lying down and I'm petting her. She'll let me pet her forever.

I keep the scissors near by so when I get to the matt and pull it apart as much as possible so that only a little matted ball is left, I snip it.

Best wishes, Tracey
luvlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!