View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
Yup..I don't think they can tell the difference. I had a dog that would pee on the rug when he couldn't hold it. He was newspaper train back when.My other would goo by the door I let him out. I have tile floors in the area they stay in so no worries. They use to hold it till I or someone got home. So with my new pup I'm training to go outside. In one week he can almost always poop outside. Pee is different. Seems if I don't the the warning fast enough he goes. But he's getting alot better. When he's older and can hold it longer I sure he would get better.JME
Potty training a new dog is a lot like having a baby in the house who has just learned to walk. You have to babyproof the endtables and coffee tables and lower cabinets and put up all the things the little toddler can now get that used to be safe. When I'm potty training a dog, up come special rugs and anything I think will cause the dog to want to toilet on it. Once the dog is fully trained, all those rugs and large floor pillows and such can return.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!